Building On Excellence.
We are understandably proud of our facilities at both the Nursery & Junior School, and the Senior School and Sixth Form sites which contribute to the exceptional quality of teaching and learning.
Nursery & Junior School – Cranwell House
Since 2014 our Nursery & Junior School has been based in a new location. The fantastic facilities of Cranwell House are set in 11 acres of stunning grounds where our girls can develop a sense of place and a relationship with the environment.
The mixture of the historic Cranwell House building and the purpose-built new teaching spaces help to create a learning environment which is rich, vibrant and facilitates exploration, discovery and creative challenge.
Senior School & Sixth Form
The senior school site provides an ideal mix of history and heritage with modern and contemporary facilities which combine to create a perfect learning and teaching experience.
Facilities on offer include:
- A stunning Arts School (flooded with natural light, which is a gift for our artists);
- A Sixth Form café (Jimmy Bs, where girls like to get together over a coffee, chat and catch up on the events of the day);
- A fitness suite and sports hall;
- A purpose built Sixth Form and boarding house - separate from the main school, but still safely on campus;
- Two Performing Arts Theatres (The Sophie Cameron Performing Arts Centre and The Memorial Hall), where girls can showcase their talents;
- The Hudson Centre for lectures and meetings;
- A summer swimming pool, tennis courts and hockey pitches where sporting records are made;
- A library bursting with resources and books to cover every conceivable subject;
- A Media Centre which links the technological aspirations of the girls with the aspirations of the school and builds on our enriching curriculum.
In 2015 the School, supported by the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), embarked on an extensive roof replacement project. Given the age of many of our historic buildings the scheme is much needed to ensure our campus can continue to provide a safe and secure place for staff and our girls for years to come. You can read more about the project here