“ Having a real sense of belonging to your new school is important. Our students are proud to be part of Royal High School and wearing our uniform is a symbol of that pride. ”
The Prep School (Nursery to Year 6) and Senior School (Year 7 to Year 11) have official uniforms which can be purchased directly from our supplier or from the on-site uniform shop. Sports kit must be worn for PE lessons. We ask that girls take responsibility for attending school looking smart and adhere to all rules about uniform, including rules regarding jewellery, hair and footwear. All items must be fully and clearly named.
The new shop is open on Tuesday and Thursday in term time from 12.30-4.30pm and occasional Saturday mornings as advertised on the school’s website and in the weekly newsletter.
Please take note of the following rules regarding uniform:
- School uniform should be named, clean, correct and in good order at all times.
- All girls in Years 7-11 must wear their school jacket travelling to and from school and while in school unless advised by a member of staff.
- Shoes should be black leather look (no trainers or shoes that look like trainers).
- Tights, ankle or knee length socks (not trainer socks) should be plain navy.
- One pair of simple, stud earrings is allowed. No rings, bracelets or body piercings are allowed. Fine chains with a religious symbol may be worn around the neck (but inside the blouse).
- Visible make-up and nail varnish should not be worn.
- Hair should not be obviously dyed with extreme colours and long hair should be tied back with a plain black or navy hair tie.
- If students wish to wear a coat over their uniform it must be a school coat which has been purchased from the Uniform Shop (new or second hand).
- Sports kit, including ‘hoodies’, ought only to be worn for sport and not as an alternative to, or as an addition to, the school jumper.
- When wearing school PE kit in and around the school grounds or to fixtures, students must wear school tracksuit bottoms.
- Sixth Form dress should conform to the agreed dress code