“ Having a real sense of belonging to your new school is important. Our students are proud to be part of Royal High School and wearing our uniform is a symbol of that pride. ”
Please take note of the following rules regarding uniform:
- School uniform, including the fitted jackets, must be worn by all students from Y7-11 at school and to and from school, unless otherwise instructed (eg. Non-uniform days, etc).
- The only coats that are permitted are the navy blue, branded PE waterproof coat, or a plain navy coat (unbranded).
- Shoes should be black or navy lace-up or strap with non-slip soles. Heels should be no more than 20mm. Ankle boots, shoes that look like trainers, ballerina pump or slip on shoes should not be worn.
- Long hair must be neatly tied back at all times, with either blue or black hair ties.
- No jewellery is permitted, except one plain stud in each ear, or a religious symbol on a necklace that must be worn discreetly under the school blouse.
- Visible make-up and nail varnish should not be worn.
- Hair should not be obviously dyed with extreme colours.
- Only school badges should be worn with the uniform.
- All uniform, including all footwear, should be clearly named.
- Only navy blue socks (ankle or knee length) or navy tights should be worn with uniform.
- Girls can provide their own school bags, but these should be large enough for their device or an A4 folder.
- Sixth Form dress should conform to the agreed dress code.
- Sports kit, including ‘hoodies’, ought only to be worn for sport and not as an alternative to, or as an addition to, the school jumper.
- When wearing school PE kit in and around the school grounds or to fixtures, students must wear school tracksuit bottoms.