We use (or “process”) personal information in accordance with the law relating to data protection. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) outlines your rights in respect of this. The Girls’ Day School Trust of 10 Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5DH is the Data Controller for the purpose of GDPR.
Personal information means any information relating to you, or information that when combined with other information identifies you.
Personal information includes your name, address, email address, CCTV images and photographs and also includes online identifiers such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, or cookie identifiers.
How and why we collect and use personal information
We collect and process information in a number of areas to promote the welfare of our students, help every girl fulfil her potential and manage our schools effectively. We use personal data:
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of our students
- To support our students’ learning and help every student fulfil her potential
- To support students with Special Educational Needs or Disability (SEND)
- To manage our schools effectively
- To understand our customer base and to develop and grow our business
- For the employment and management of our staff
- To communicate with our network of alumnae
- To generate philanthropic income
Parents provide information about themselves and students when completing GDST’s parent contract on entry to our schools, as well as related documents such as registration and health record forms. Personal information is also collected directly from students and parents by direct means such as meetings, discussions, school work and in general correspondence.
Whilst we collect most of our personal information from students and parents directly, in some cases personal data may be supplied to us by third parties, for example, another School, a local authority, or other professionals.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Jon Vogel. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address.
Please mark the envelope ‘Data Protection Officer’.